Monday, October 18, 2010

Overturning Reasoning and Those Strongly Entrenched Things

Welcome to my new blog, Strongly Entrenched Things.  Here we shall discuss three major topics: Language, History, Theology.  I don't know everything, no, but I wish I did.  So, as I do learn, and as I do study into these three topics, I will share my knowledge and findings with you all.

But first, maybe a little bit about myself.  My name is Dakota López.  My father was born in Spain, his family all Puerto Rican.  My mother is a caucasian American and does not know her heritage.  I was born on November 4th of 1991 in a hospital in Miami beach and lived there for thirteen years.  I moved to Los Angeles for three years, and am now living just north of New York City for the past two years.  I've been all over.  I am fluent in English... but English only, unfortunately.  I can understand Spanish when spoken, but carrying out a conversation is nearly impossible, albeit I try.

I am now 18, fresh out of high school, and am taking a year off before going into college next year to study language (Spanish and Mandarin particularly).  I love to travel, and I love to learn. When I was little I even dreamed of going to Egypt, learning to read the hieroglyphics, and to become an archaeologist.  Well... my dreams have changed since then, but only a little.  There was a long period of my life where this yearning to explore and learn had vanished, but in high school I took a year of Latin, and it awakened in me this urge to pursue a life of language and history and the sorts.

And before it's asked of me, yes I AM religious, BUT... I do not just believe everything thrown out to me, by anyone, unless there is scriptural and/or historical evidence on the matter.  This, in truth, is why the name of the blog is entitled "Strongly Entrenched Things".  In 2 Corinthians 10:4,5 it is translated directly from the Greek into saying "For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but powerful by God for overturning strongly entrenched things. For we are overturning reasonings and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God;".  So not only will we be discussing theology and doctrine, but also how history and language have strongly entrenched themselves into who we are today.

No comments:

Post a Comment